Saturday 26 September 2015

Ministerial Appointments: September 30 Deadline Sacrosanct – Presidency

PMB
As apprehension mounts over the September 30 deadline set by President Muhammadu Buhari to unveil his ministerial list, the Presidency has assured that the deadline is sacrosanct.

There are only 5 days left before the end of the month of September.
This apprehension is made worse by the fact that the Senate, whose responsibility is it to receive the list from the Executive and screen the ministerial nominees, is on vacation to resume on September 29, 24 hours before the September 30th deadline.
But the Senior Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, has advised Nigerians not to worry as the deadline given by President Buhari to form his cabinet has not yet elapsed.
He said: “Time given has not yet elapsed and the president himself said of by September 30, there is no cabinet, you should come and ask him questions. That is it”.
Adesina’s comment re-echoes the president’s sentiments during his visit to Ghana on September 7, where he told Journalists that he would unfailingly constitute his cabinet on or before the end of September.
“After I was sworn-in, I said I will have my cabinet in September. I expect that Nigerians should ask me questions after the 30th of September if I do not do so”, he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment